Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hakuna Matata




LOL!!!!  How many of you remember this original 1994 Disney movie, The Lion King?  I absolutely loved it!  There were many scenes that kept me on the edge of my seat, but this scene was my favorite.  Listening to it today, I found myself smiling and grooving to its melody and lyrics.

The phase, "Hakuna Matata" means "no worries." Simple, yet profound. It reminds me of the passage of scripture in Philippians 4:6-7: "Don't fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, pray.  Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.  It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." (The Message)

You have a Heavenly Father who understands where you are...your situations and circumstances.  He desires that you know Him intimately and through this intimacy you become trusting children.  Children who are loved and provided for are happy and content with life.  Similar to Timon and Pumbaa--the characters above--footloose and fancy free.  You, too, can sing praises and dance before Jehovah Jireh, knowing He's going to meet every need--spiritual, emotional and financial--in your life.

As a final thought, I just cannot pass up verses 8 & 9 of Philippians chapter 4:

"Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious-the-best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.  Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized.  Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into His most excellent harmonies." (The Message)

Look at your neighbor and say, "Hakuna Matata!"  Amen...it is so!

Be Blessed,
Pastor San
Christian Harvesters Fellowship
Follow me on Twitter: @cfulwood




3 comments:

  1. Amen! Definitely made me smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's is deja vou for me, because my aunt had a terrible car accident on the way home yesterday, and she is fine, and when she got home that was the phrase that I gave her, she laughed but, I told her to pray, and everything will be fine, your still alive aren't you. By the way favorite movie of all time, I'm a little kid again when I watch that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! I say it again....Hakuna Matata!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete